Erin Parker is a Brooklyn-based writer and digital content strategist.
She moved from Ohio to pursue a BBA in Strategic Design and Management at Parsons School of Design in NYC, while interning in fashion and editorial departments at V Magazine and Harper's Bazaar. After securing her degree, she worked as a freelance editorial and e-com stylist for brands such as Marc Jacobs, and assisted in runway show production for a number of high fashion labels.
Next, she made her foray into digital media, spending nearly two years at Clique Brands before moving on to NYLON where she managed social media brand identity and content across platforms, with data to back her substantial increase across metrics on Instagram.
ERIN M. PARKER
firstname.lastname@example.org | erinmirandaparker.com | @erinhaveadream | 513.535.217
Writer and digital content strategist tuned in to trends in fashion, beauty, music, social justice, and internet culture, with proven skill set in brand identity and social media growth and engagement.
Skills & Expertise
• Social Media Management • Brand Development • Data Analytics
• Video Production • Editorial Planning • Events & Red Carpet Coverage
• Fashion Styling • Fashion Show Production • Pop Culture Commentary
The Zoe Report, Bustle Digital Group
Celebrity News Writer, Part-Time New York, NY
Nov. ‘18 - Present
• Writes 3-4 articles per day, reporting on fashion and beauty trends inspired by celebrity news and events incorporating shoppable roundups of fashion, makeup, and skin care products.
Associate Social Media Editor New York, NY
April - Oct. ‘18
• Independently managed social strategy, voice, and content programming across platforms
• Reported data analytics
• Starred in and collaborated on video content for web
• Increased metrics for Instagram as follows: Impressions up by 22%, Engagement Rate up by 1.06%, Interactions up by 47%, Likes up by 46%, Comments up by 20%
Brand Strategy, Consumer Beauty New York, NY
Nov. ‘17 - Feb. ‘18
• Co-developed social strategy and brand identity for upcoming consumer beauty brands
• Created product lineup, titles, and descriptions for makeup and skin care lines
• Analyzed ethnographic findings to create consumer and competitor profiles
Editor, Obsessee (prior to beauty rebrand in Nov ‘17)
March ‘16 - Nov. ‘17 New York, NY
• Pitched and produced content across platforms for Gen Z Instagram publication
• Co-developed brand voice and identity
• Logged analytics
• Launched growth initiatives through community management and UGC
Market Week + Styling Assistant (Freelance)
June - Dec. ‘15 New York, NY
• Assisted sales team and photographers for market week and e-com photoshoots
Jan. - May ‘15 New York, NY
• Wrote fashion, music, art, and culture news and market roundups for web
Accessories Intern New York, NY
• Managed accessories pulls for shoots and assisted on set
• Organized trend archives and assisted fashion editors and creative director
parsons new school of design
Bachelor of Business Administration, Strategic Design + Management New York, NY